Sweet Hot Coriander Salmon with Strawberry Tomato Salad
You can grill or pan fry this salmon and toss it in the oven to give you melt-in-your mouth deliciousness. You'll want to use a good pan, preferably cast-iron.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 5 ounce pieces of wild salmon
- 1.5 teaspoons coriander
- 1.5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- pinch of sea salt
- 1,5 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped in half
- 1/2 pound assorted small heirloom, cherry and grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon loosely packed lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F
Combine coriander, brown sugar, chilli powder, Sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Season with salt. Pat salmon dry and rub mixture into both sides of fish, including skin. Let sit for 15 minutes. In the meantime make the salad.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until nearly smoking.
- Sear salmon fillets skin-side up 2 minutes.
- Flip, then transfer skillet to oven and cook 7-10 minutes more or until salmon is just cooked through. (depending on thickness) Be careful not to overcook.
- Place the salmon, skin-side-down, on the grill and cover.
- Cook, undisturbed, until the salmon just starts to release its fat (opaque mayonnaise-like stuff) and/or the flesh flakes easily, 10 to 15 minutes for most 1 inch thick fillets. Allow another 10 minutes for each extra inch of thickness.
Good salmon is expensive so if unsure, use a thermometer. It makes life so much easier!
Combine all ingredients and serve in bowl or arrange on platter leaving room in centre for salmon. Make this first because the salmon is going to require your attention.
Serving: 141g | Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 41.8mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
SOURCE: Barrie Hill Farms