Raspberry Lemon Ricotta Cake
A classic Italian dessert to pair with an afternoon espresso is a light & fluffy lemon ricotta cake. Inspired by the classic, this recipe includes the addition of fresh Ontario raspberries making it the perfect summer coffee cake to enjoy all season long!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups creamy full-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pint fresh Berry Growers of Ontario raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees. Grease, flour & line a 9-inch round baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs, ricotta, vanilla & lemon juice until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt & lemon zest. Mix until batter comes together. Fold in the fresh raspberries, reserving a handful for the top.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish. Using an offset spatula, smooth the top to flatten. Sprinkle with reserved raspberries.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the centre of the cake bounces back to touch. Let cool to room temperature before slicing & serving.
SOURCE: Marcella DiLonardo
Photo: Marcella DiLonardo
Marcella DiLonardo is the author of the cookbook Bake The Seasons. She is a freelance recipe developer, food photographer and stylist. Inspired by simple living, her recipes focus on local, seasonal ingredients. Follow her latest culinary adventures over on her blog Hey Modest Marce.